SSDM offers a comprehensive laboratory service for the physical analysis of materials for construction and maintenance of sports surfaces. We can also carry out soil nutrient, water and plant tissue analysis and interpretation of results through our association with Hill Laboratories in Hamilton.
Prices are charged on a per sample basis. The price for multiple samples and bulk contracted work is negotiable.
The SSDM Laboratory is also licensed as a transitional facility with MPI for biosecurity purposes so we can receive overseas samples from anywhere in the world for analysis.
Click here to request a copy of the import permit.
Detailed lab analyses are available for the following materials:
- Rootzone/topdressing sands
- Recycled glass sands
- Bunker sands
- Blinding sands
- Cricket clays
- Organic and inorganic materials (lime, compost, zeolite, etc)
- Particle size distribution
- Soil texture
- Saturated hydraulic conductivity
- Moisture release characteristics
- Calcium carbonate content
- Organic matter content
- pH and nutrient analysis